I’m in the process of getting my Home theater PC in order.
One of the many online video services that I use is Amazon Video on Demand. I am in the process of figuring out all of the ways in which I can use a remote control to navigate services and software that I am using in my setup.
Hulu desktop was a breeze, I can simply use the apple remote to navigate and I can use the excellent Understudy plugin for front row (make sure to get 0.7!). However, there is no desktop client for Amazon VOD for OS X.
So I figure I’m going to write a thin skin to their service and hopefully integrate it into Frontrow similar to Understudy’s integration of Netflix and Hulu.
First things first, I really needed to figure out what keyboard shortcuts are available for their flash-based video player to see which key presses I would need to make work with the apple remote. So without further ado, here they are:
- SHIFT-F – full screen
- ESC – exit full screen
- SHIFT-R – rent movie/episode
- SHIFT-B – buy movie/episode/series
- SHIFT-L – go back to your library listing
- UP – volume up
- DOWN – volume down
- RIGHT – skip ahead 10 seconds
- LEFT – skip back 10 seconds
Your Video Library Listing Panels
- UP – move up
- DOWN – move down
- RIGHT – move right
- LEFT – move left
- PGUP – up one page
- PGDOWN – down one page
- ENTER – show video details (if movie or tv series) / drill into show tv episodes
- ESC – close video details / move back up to series (if in episodes list)